The current goal is for publication sometime in late 2015 or early 2016. It just so happens that a whole hell of a lot of significant UFO events took place in very convenient years, and will mark major anniversaries in the anticipated timeframe of the publication of my book.
Just take a look at this tantalizing list:
- August 21, 2015: 60th Anniversary of the "Kelly-Hopkinsville Little Green Men" invasion, Kelly, KY
- September 3, 2015: 50th Anniversary of the "Incident at Exeter," Exeter, NH
- November 5, 2015: 40th Anniversary of the Travis Walton abduction case, Snowflake, AZ
- December 9, 2015: 50th Anniversary of the "Kecksburg Incident," Kecksburg, PA
- March 21, 2016: 50th Anniversary of the "Dexter-Hillsdale Swamp Gas" case, Dexter & Hillsdale, MI
Of this bunch, the two hyphenates -- Kelly-Hopkinsville and Dexter-Hillsdale -- are the most closely associated with Hynek, and therefore the juciest anniversaries to exploit.
|I've never been able to figure what the hell he's pointing at...|
Still, I think the date I need to shoot for is March 21, 2016, the anniversary of the legendary Dexter-Hillsdale sightings, the case that, paradoxically, made Hynek both a pariah and a hero. Also, I don't think I can write fast enough to make the Kelly-Hopkinsville anniversary.
And just in case I can't make that deadline, I have a fallback: The 30th anniversary of Hynek's death will occur on April 27, 2016.
That's a whole month and 6 days extra.